Complete collection of stamps released to mark the end of World War II
The end of World War II in 1945 was the conclusion of what is regarded as the deadliest conflict in human history. The postal authorities around the world wanted to mark this significant moment in our history and co-ordinated the very impressive 1946 Victory collection.
In total, 62 countries participated producing 164 victory stamps, all organised by the Crown Agents Offices in London without the convenience of the internet or fax.
Most countries used the iconic design distributed by the Crown Agents of the Houses of Parliament from across the River Thames. Other countries produced their own stamps including the ‘Peace’ theme from Australia and New Zealand and the striking images used by Burma, Hong Kong and India.
All 164 stamps are in pristine, unused condition. They are very difficult to source, time consuming to put together in this complete collection and only available in very limited numbers. All stamps are housed in a luxury presentation folder with certificate.
Key Issue Information:
- Issued to mark the end of World War II
- Includes an impressive 164 stamps from 62 commonwealth and crown colony countries
- Crown Agent’s Offices in London co-ordinated the impressive release of all these stamps
- All stamps are in pristine, unmounted mint condition, which is very difficult and time-consuming to source
- All 164 Victory stamps are housed together in one Deluxe Presentation Folder with Certificate
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom