Limited edition £5 coin cover issued to help support the Royal National Lifeboat Institution
Every day, people from all walks of life get into danger at sea. At the Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI), volunteers strive around the clock to make the water a safer place. Since it was founded in 1824, the RNLI has saved over 143,100 lives, often in the most perilous and treacherous seas of the United Kingdom and Ireland. In partnership with the RNLI, Harrington & Byrne are proud to announce the release of a brand new, limited edition coin cover. For each cover sold, a donation will be made directly to the RNLI*.
The limited edition cover’s centrepiece features a brand new 2021 commemorative coin officially approved by Buckingham Palace and fully endorsed by the RNLI. The coin has been expertly struck to a proof-like finish and features on the reverse a superb depiction of the Alderney Trent class all-weather lifeboat Roy Barker I, one of RNLI’s 400 lifeboats powering through stormy seas on another lifesaving mission. Whilst the obverse features an official portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II who, following in Royal tradition, has been the organisation’s patron since her extraordinary reign begin in 1952.
Perfectly complimenting the coin and enhancing the collectability of this cover is a replica of a specially commissioned hand painting of the Roy Barker I lifeboat at sea with the Alderney lighthouse in the background by renowned British artist, Diane Fawcett.
To complete the cover, it features a first-class Machin definitive stamp cancelled on the very first day the RNLI coin was issued – 3rd May 2021 – using a unique RNLI handstamp which sets in stone the low edition limit of only 4,999 covers.
Owning this brand new RNLI cover is a way of supporting its vital service which relies so heavily on volunteers and the good-will donations so that it can continue to flourish. With limited numbers available for such an important release, we strongly recommend you secure your cover today before they sell out!
Key Issue Information:
- Limited edition £5 coin cover issued to help raise funds for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- Features a superb depiction of a Roy Barker I all-weather lifeboat on a £5 coin struck to a proof-like finish
- Includes a replica of a hand painting by British artist, Diane Fawcett plus a first-class Machin stamp cancelled using a specially commissioned RNLI handstamp
- Low edition limit of 4,999 covers and we anticipate a rapid sell out!
- Housed in a deluxe presentation folder with certificate
* 5% of the retail price, ex-VAT, will be donated to the RNLI
Delivery via Royal Mail
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom