Exclusive opportunity to own a limited edition coin cover issued to mark the 100th Anniversary of the Unknown Warrior
Remembrance Day in 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the Unknown Warrior, the British soldier killed in battle during World War One and buried at Westminster Abbey on the 11th November 1920. The burial of the soldier amongst the King’s and Queen’s of our great nation was a fitting tribute to the millions of people who paid the ultimate scarifice in battle. To commemorate this historic centenary, a new limited editon coin cover has rightly been issued.
At the cover’s centrepiece is a brand new commemorative £5 coin issued especially for the anniversary. The coin has been fully approved by Buckingham Palace and has been expertly struck to a proof-like finish weighing 25 grams. The coin’s reverse features the silhouette of a soldier with poppies - the symbol of remembrance - in the background. The obverse features an official portrait of Her Majesty the Queen, Commander-in-Chief of our British Armed Forces who traditionally leads our Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph in London every November.
To complete this attractive cover, it includes three official Royal Mail poppy stamps issued in 2008 for the 90th anniversary of Armistice. The stamps are cancelled on the 1st January 2020 – marking the beginning of the centenary year - using a specially designed Poppy handstamp, which sets in stone the low worldwide edition limit of only 999 covers.
The significance of the 100th anniversary and the low worldwide edition limit are two key reasons why this attractive cover is in very high demand today. Harrington & Byrne has managed to secure this exclusive cover for our collectors however we anticipate a rapid sell out!
Key Issue Information:
- Exclusive opportunity to own a limited edition £5 coin cover issued to mark the 100th anniversary of Unknown Warrior
- Features a brand new £5 coin struck to a proof-like finish weighing 25 grams issued especially for this historic anniversary
- The cover includes three Royal Mail Poppy stamps cancelled using a specially designed Poppy handstamp
- Low worldwide edition limit of only 999 covers and we anticipate a rapid sell out!
- Housed in a Deluxe Presentation Folder with Certificate of Authenticity
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom