Exclusive opportunity to own a limited edition coin cover issued to mark the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain
Between 10th July and 31st October 1940, a key aerial battle was bravely fought and won by the British Royal Air Force against the large scale attacks from the German Luftwaffe during the Second World War. The Battle of Britain victory was a crucial turning point in the war, a victory secured by the heroic actions of the pilots flying in their single-seater Hurricane and Submarine Spitfire aircraft. To commemorate this historic 80th anniversary, a new limited edition coin cover has rightly been issued.
At the cover’s centrepiece is a brand new commemorative coin issued especially for the anniversary. The coin has been expertly struck to a proof-like finish, plated in 999/1000 fine silver and weighs 28 grams. The coin’s reverse features a full colour image of the famous fighter aircraft, the Spitfire, which would become an iconic symbol of victory. The obverse features an official portrait of Her Majesty the Queen, whose father King George VI was on the throne at the time of the conflict which lasted almost six years and claimed millions of casualties.
To complete this attractive cover, it includes four original 1965 25th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain commemorative stamps issued by the Royal Mail. A first class Machin definitive stamp is also included and is cancelled on the 80th anniversary date - 10th July 2020 - using a specially designed Battle of Britain handstamp, which sets in stone the low worldwide edition limit of only 2,020 covers.
The significance of the Battle of Britain which will be marked across the UK, Europe and further afield and due to the low worldwide edition limit are two key reasons why this attractive cover is in very high demand today. Harrington & Byrne has managed to secure this exclusive cover for our collectors however we anticipate a rapid sell out!
Key Issue Information:
- Exclusive opportunity to own a limited edition coin cover issued to mark the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain
- Features a brand new commemorative coin featuring a Spitfire aircraft in full colour weighing 25 grams and plated in 999/1000 fine silver
- The cover includes four original 1965 Battle of Britain stamps plus a Machin definitive stamp which has been cancelled using a specially designed handstamp
- Low worldwide edition limit of only 2,020 covers and we anticipate a rapid sell out!
- Housed in a Deluxe Presentation Folder with Certificate of Authenticity
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom