Fantastic opportunity to own a brand new limited edition gold coin cover issued to mark the 400th anniversary of one of the most unusual coin issues in British history
During the reign of King James I, the laurel coin was issued which was the successor to the sovereign and was named after the portrait of the King unusually wearing a laurel crown and facing the wrong direction to all other coins of his reign.
In 2019, to mark the 400th anniversary, a stunning quarter laurel coin cover has been issued. At its centrepiece, it features a brand new, limited edition quarter laurel coin expertly produced to the highest proof finish in 22-carat gold. Like the original, this coin features the Queen wearing a laurel crown and facing the wrong direction for the very first time. The new Commonwealth gold coin has been officially approved by Buckingham Palace and Her Majesty herself.
To perfectly complement this coin, the cover features a King James I stamp issued by the Royal Mail in 2010 as part of their Kings and Queens series. The stamp is cancelled on the 29th July 2019 – the exact anniversary date of King James I’s coronation using a specially designed handstamp, which sets in stone the very low worldwide edition limit of 199 covers.
The significance of the anniversary of this unusual British gold coin and the low worldwide edition limit are two key reasons why the cover is in very high demand. Harrington & Byrne has managed to secure a very small number of these attractive covers to offer today.
Key Issue Information:
- Limited edition quarter laurel gold proof coin cover issued to mark the 400th anniversary of the original Laurel coin release
- Features a brand new gold proof coin featuring the Queen wearing a laurel crown and facing the wrong direction for the very first time
- Also includes a King James I stamp cancelled on the King’s coronation anniversary date using a specially designed handstamp
- Low worldwide edition limit of 199 and we have very limited numbers available
- Housed in a luxury presentation folder with certificate
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom