Fantastic opportunity to own a stunning collection of Machin Definitive stamps issued from 1971 to 1991
The iconic Machin definitive stamp was first introduced in 1967 as the replacement for the Wilding stamp series. The design which was inspired by the Penny Black would become the most reproduced piece of artwork in history, a timeless portrait of the Queen thought to have been reprinted in excess of 320 billion times! This is a fantastic opportunity to own a collection of Machin Stamps issued from 1971 to 1991 known as X numbers due to their Stanley Gibbons catalogue number.
In total this impressive collection features 103 stamps issued over a 20-year period ranging from the 1/2p turquoise-blue to the 75p grey-black. An example of every stamp denomination and colour shade issued over this period is included which beatifically illustrates the broad spectrum of colour used for Machin stamps to help differentiate the different stamp values.
Arnold Machin’s design has stood the test of time, over 50 years later his image of the Queen is still used on every British definitive stamp produced today. The popularity of his stamp design has even resulted in a specialised collectors market dedicated to collecting purely Machin related stamps.
All 103 stamps in this collection are in pristine, unused condition. They are an important part of British Philatelic history and are an essential addition to any stamp collection. Harrington & Byrne has managed to secure a very limited number of these historic collections to offer today.
Key Issue Information:
- Opportunity to own a collection of 103 Machin definitive stamps issued between 1971 and 1991
- Includes a complete collection of every stamp value and colour variation issued over this 20 year period
- Attractive collection illustrates the broad spectrum of colour used to differentiate the different stamp values
- Machin’s design has stood the test of time and is still used today over 50 years later!
- All 103 stamps are housed together in one Deluxe Presentation Folder with Certificate
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom