Exclusive opportunity to own a limited edition coin cover issued to celebrate the 180th Anniversary of the iconic Penny Black
On 6th May 1840 the world’s first ever pre-paid postage stamp was issued in Great Britain – the iconic Penny Black. 2020 marks the 180th anniversary since its original release and to celebrate this historic landmark, a stunning, brand new, limited edition coin cover has rightly been released.
At the cover’s centrepiece, it features a brand new 2020 dated commemorative 50p coin issued especially for the 180th anniversary based on an award-winning coin design. The coin’s reverse features a replica of the original Penny Black stamp design with an incused rim and sits within a cover with a striking cachet image of a young Queen Victoria.
To complete this attractive cover, it includes a Royal Mail commemorative 1st class Penny Black stamp first issued in 2015. The stamp is cancelled on the 1st January 2020 using a specially designed Penny Black handstamp, which sets in stone the low worldwide edition limit of only 2020 covers.
The global significance of the worlds very first postage stamp and the low worldwide edition limit are two key reasons why this attractive cover is in very high demand today. Harrington & Byrne has managed to secure this exclusive cover for our collectors however we anticipate a rapid sell out!
Key Issue Information:
- Exclusive opportunity to own a limited edition 50p coin cover issued to mark the 180th anniversary of the Penny Black
- Features a brand new 50p coin weighing 8 grams issued especially for this anniversary based on an award winning design
- The cover includes a Royal Mail 1st Class Penny Black stamp first issued in 2015 and cancelled using a specially designed Penny Black handstamp
- Low worldwide edition limit of only 2020 covers and we anticipate a rapid sell out!
- Housed in a Deluxe Presentation Folder with Certificate of Authenticity
Delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Working Days
Delivery available throughout the United Kingdom